- We will have an indoor location and an outdoor location
- We will be teaching wall draping and ceiling draping techniques
- You will be creating 2 Ceremony and Reception portfolios
- All workshop portfolios are different.
- Yes you can pay payments. $250 deposit and then the balance of $250 by June 1st
All payments made are non-refundable but can be transferred to other workshops if so desired.
Some of the details may change in the timeline but we will always stay in the same city (its a small city).
Travel / Hotel Information
(49 Minutes from the Nashville National Airport- Airport Code BNA)
Information on the workshop and what to expect:
Wendy gives a semi-structured class each day that is normally from 10-7 with a long lunch break. We do NOT guarantee that you will learn everything about draping within those 3 days because there are 10 years worth of draping and designs to learn.. so every workshop is different, and every workshop designs are different and therefore we highly recommend coming back to other workshops to add these different setup designs to their portfolio. This is not a lecture on how to sell the products, but I will answer questions during the workshop, but most of the selling and pricing is in our business book kit that you can purchase seperatly whenever you desire. This also saves us time for more decorating time and not just talking time. You will be able to purchase the business book kit at the workshop for $350 a set. or $200 for the business book by itself. We will have the actual product out for you to see exactly what you would be getting. You will also have a chance to purchase products at the workshop for additional percentage off and free shipping. You will have 14 days after the workshop to still purchase for the additional percentage off but the free shipping option will not be available.
YES photography is allowed from your own cameras, we even encourage it. I will show you my tricks with lighting and the different ways I take pictures and the different angles that really get some good pictures of your setups. And that is what will sell your designs to your clients. Is awesome pictures. Again, we will be taking professional pictures that you will have access to (High Resolution and Web Resolution delivered by dropbox link along with Maryblossom Weddings who provides a lot of the decor for us to play with. Most of the times we are “playing” with $30,000 – $50,000 worth of products. In return, she also gets to use the portfolio pictures.
What you will receive:
Your pictures that you will take home from this event, I think, are one of the most valuable things you will get!
You will also receive an Event Pro Certification at the workshop at the end of Day 2
Your business info will be added to our “Find a Designer” page. For Lifetime at no extra charge. This is where the brides or locations calling or emailing looking for a decorator can find a decorator in their state or country. We do have a lot that come over from England, UK, Nigeria, and Australia..
We will also provide a small private facebook group for your class only, that after the workshop is over you will have the information and links and so forth that I will post easily accessed by everyone in the group!But I do suggest bringing your own notebook.
What to wear:
You can wear whatever you want to.. but remember you will be climbing up and down a scaffolding or ladder and working.. so comfortable shoes I think is a must. We will be taking pictures during the workshop to put on our website, so keep that in mind.. I normally will do my hair and makeup and wear black clothing, some jewelry and comfortable tennis shoes. But again there is no dress code.
I cant wait to see you at our next group workshop!!! If you have any questions you can contact me, Wendy Binns by text at 615-967-1793
If you are interested in a 3 day private workshop You can click here!
- Super 8 Columbia: 1554 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-380-1227 – Rooms from $64
- Comfort Inn: 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-388-2500 – Rooms from $89
- Hampton Inn Columbia – 1551 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 540-1222 – Rooms from $113
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia – 1561 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 380-2025 – Rooms from $120
- Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia – 715 James M Campbell Blvd. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 388-3326 – Rooms from $99
- Americas Best Value Inn – 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-381-1410 – Rooms from $62
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia – 1545 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-548-8444 – Rooms from $99