Every workshop is similar in the fact of what we are teaching in the drape department, but also each workshop is different with different portfolio setups and different locations if possible. This way if you have come to our previous workshops, You can attend again and get a completely different portfolio setup for your business and I’m betting learn something new! And repeat students get a 25% discount for any future workshops
2 Day Workshop : December 2nd and 3rd 2015
Day 1 (Wednesday, December 2nd 2015 ):
Location: Mule Town Lumberyard – 1106 S. Garden St. Columbia, TN 38401
Here are some of the before pictures of the rooms/areas we will be teaching in and transforming!And the exact timeline of the schedule.
The Weeks Schedule:
Area 1) Meeting Room / Basic Backdrops / Learning How To Swag
- 10:00 – 10:45 :Workshop starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday September the 23rd. For 1 hour we will go around the table and “meet” each of you. Be prepared to give us a 3-5 little speech of where you are from, what brought you to the workshop and what you are most interested to learn about.
- 10:45 – 11:00: I will show you pricing information and show you how to price your draping package – You will have a help sheet and throughout the workshop I’ll randomly ask you what you should charge for the packages we are working on.. So by the end of the workshop, You know how to properly charge for the products you are learning to work with.
- 11:00-11:30 All the basics of the hardware and products for wall draping, how to use them, The different fabrics and why I use or don’t use them, Learning how to do the basic swag.
- 11:30 – 1:00 . Hands on practice time, Wall Draping with Double Swag design, Basic Wall Drape with triple V accent draping, Entry Draping,( 2 )Catering Table Drapings, (2) Round Cake Table Draping. (2) Entry swags- The whole goal of the this hands on practice is learning how to set up the basic backdrop, how to drape a swag. I will put you in teams and you’ll have 2 hours to accomplish all these setups with me helping and guiding you step by step.
Lunch Break from 1:00-2:00
Area 2) The private enclosed outdoor area – Ceremony setup – (If weather permits.. if not we can take the setup and do inside)
- 2:00-3:00: The Round Chuppah Setup- Draping the round chuppah and decorating the chuppah
- 3:00-4:00: Draping the Aisle- Accenting the aisle with decor
Area 3) The indoors area / Reception Setup with Ceiling Draping and Stage Draping
- 4:00-4:30 – Showing and Explaining how to figure out how much fabric you are going to need, price the ceiling draping, Explain and show how the twinkle lighting setup should be installed,
- 4:30-5:30 – Ceiling Draping – Star Design – Lightweight Satin (Side Swag)
- 5:30-6:00 – Installing Giant Custom Flower Chandelier
- 4:30 – 6:00 – We will also be draping the stage area and incorporating a custom head table setup, Guest Table setups will already be done by my team, we will move them into place. Also uplighting
- 6:00-7:00 – Taking professional pictures and showing you how to use your camera or even camera phone to get good pictures for your social media and website. Note: You will be getting high resolution pictures and website resolution pictures to use to promote your business. Additional fee can be paid to even get your logo on your pictures. Day 1 will end at 7:00. Homework will be to go hotel and in your notebook. Draw the setup that we did, and price it out for what the whole package would cost. (This will be handed in and discussed the following morning)
Day 2 (December 3rd):
Location: Mule Town Lumberyard – 1106 S. Garden St. Columbia, TN 38401
We will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. – This time creating a Ceremony in the same room as we had done a reception the night before.
- 9:00-10:00 – This is time that you pass in your drawings, and we talk about the previous day events and answer any questions you might have thought of during the night.
- 10:00-1:00- Install a new ceiling draping design with Tobacco Cloth
- 10:00 – 1:00 – Teams will be split up / Using hardware/uprights and tobacco cloth to create half curtains with decor and lighting on the side walls. Stage Draping for Ceremony
- 1:00-1:30 — Decor accents, additional lighting and Taking pictures
Lunch Break from 1:30-2:30
Outdoors) The private enclosed outdoor area – Outdoors Reception setup – (If weather permits.. if not we can take the setup and do inside)
- 2:00-6:00: The Chuppah Setup- For a cake focal point
- 2:00-6:00: Draping the outside wall with a curved backrop / self supporting setup/ Catering Area
- Catering and Head Table Draping / Table Linen draping short cuts / Easy Drape and Puffy Barrel Linens
- Bringing in the Table and Chairs and Centerpieces to make the setting a complete portfolio shot for you.
- Experimenting with a new idea for string lighting outdoors and uplighting in trees..
- 6:00-7:00 – Taking professional pictures and showing you how to use your camera or even camera phone to get good pictures for your social media and website.
- 7:00-9:00 — Discuss week, answer any questions, You will fill out an anonymous review sheet and then we will pass out certifications! Your brain will be fried with all the knowledge you will get but it will be a lot of work and learning and FUN! – Workshop ends at 9:00.
All payments made are non-refundable but can be transferred to other workshops if so desired.
Some of the details may change in the timeline but we will always stay in the same city. We will send out timeline for sure details by Nov 3rd.
Travel / Hotel Information
(49 Minutes from the Nashville National Airport- Airport Code BNA)
Information on the workshop and what to expect:
Wendy gives a semi-structured class each day that is normally from 10-7 with a long lunch break. We do NOT guarantee that you will learn everything about draping within those 3 days because there are 10 years worth of draping and designs to learn.. so every workshop is different, and every workshop designs are different and therefore we highly recommend coming back to other workshops to add these different setup designs to their portfolio. This is not a lecture on how to sell the products, but I will answer questions during the workshop, but most of the selling and pricing is in our business book kit that you can purchase seperatly whenever you desire. This also saves us time for more decorating time and not just talking time. You will be able to purchase the business book kit at the workshop for $350 a set. or $200 for the business book by itself. We will have the actual product out for you to see exactly what you would be getting. You will also have a chance to purchase products at the workshop for additional percentage off and free shipping. You will have 14 days after the workshop to still purchase for the additional percentage off but the free shipping option will not be available.
YES photography is allowed from your own cameras, we even encourage it. I will show you my tricks with lighting and the different ways I take pictures and the different angles that really get some good pictures of your setups. And that is what will sell your designs to your clients. Is awesome pictures. Again, we will be taking professional pictures that you will have access to (High Resolution and Web Resolution delivered by dropbox link along with Maryblossom Weddings who provides a lot of the decor for us to play with. Most of the times we are “playing” with $30,000 – $50,000 worth of products. In return, she also gets to use the portfolio pictures.
What you will receive:
Your pictures that you will take home from this event, I think, are one of the most valuable things you will get!
You will also receive an Event Pro Certification at the workshop at the end of Day 2
Your business info will be added to our “Find a Designer” page. For Lifetime at no extra charge. This is where the brides or locations calling or emailing looking for a decorator can find a decorator in their state or country. We do have a lot that come over from England, UK, Nigeria, and Australia..
We will also provide a small private facebook group for your class only, that after the workshop is over you will have the information and links and so forth that I will post easily accessed by everyone in the group!But I do suggest bringing your own notebook.
What to wear:
You can wear whatever you want to.. but remember you will be climbing up and down a scaffolding or ladder and working.. so comfortable shoes I think is a must. We will be taking pictures during the workshop to put on our website, so keep that in mind.. I normally will do my hair and makeup and wear black clothing, some jewelry and comfortable tennis shoes. But again there is no dress code.
I cant wait to see you at our next group workshop!!! If you have any questions you can contact me, Wendy Binns by text at 615-967-1793
If you are interested in a 3 day private workshop You can click here!
- Super 8 Columbia: 1554 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-380-1227 – Rooms from $64
- Comfort Inn: 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-388-2500 – Rooms from $89
- Hampton Inn Columbia – 1551 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 540-1222 – Rooms from $113
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia – 1561 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 380-2025 – Rooms from $120
- Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia – 715 James M Campbell Blvd. Columbia TN 38401 (931) 388-3326 – Rooms from $99
- Americas Best Value Inn – 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-381-1410 – Rooms from $62
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia – 1545 Halifax Dr. Columbia TN 38401 Phone: 931-548-8444 – Rooms from $99